Are you want to know about APSC Mains Syallabus? It’s fantastic news that you passed the APSC entrance exam! You have just moved one step closer to achieving your goal of being accepted into the prestigious Assam Civil Services. Congratulations! The APSC Main Examination will be the next obstacle you face on your path. Good luck! This stage is more lengthy and hard, testing your ability to analyze in more depth as well as your general knowledge. We provide “The Ultimate Guide to APSC Mains Syllabus” in partnership with SPM Academy, a renowned coaching school that is well-known for helping applicants towards success, in order to assist you in properly preparing for the examination.
Understanding the APSC Mains Exam
Upon clearing the preliminary examination, the next round of the selection process is the APSC Mains Syllabus Examination. The candidate’s knowledge and skill in a wide variety of areas are evaluated through a series of written papers. The purpose of the test is to determine if they are qualified for positions in Assam’s administrative and public service sectors.
Course Outline and Topics
The APSC Mains Exam syllabus is very extensive, covering a wide variety of topics taken from different disciplines. The objective of the exam is to determine if or not a candidate is skilled to perform his/her duties in an administrative or civil service position.
Subjects covered in the papers range widely, from history and geography to politics and economics to science and technology to ethics and government. The information and reasoning skills of the candidates will be put to the test in a variety of ways throughout the several papers.
The APSC Mains Syllabus
The APSC Mains Examination comprises a set of compulsory papers, each focusing on specific subjects. Let’s explore the APSC Mains syllabus of each paper:
- General English:
This paper evaluates candidates’ proficiency in English language and comprehension skills. It includes questions on essay writing, precise writing, comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, and more. Developing strong writing skills and grammar knowledge is crucial to excel in this paper.
This is the first paper of the Mains Examination covering a wide range of subjects. The key topics include:
- Indian History and Culture: Ancient, medieval, and modern history of India with an emphasis on the history and culture of Assam.
- Geography: Physical, social and economic geography of Assam and India.
- World Geography: Significant economic, physical and social aspects of world geography.
- Indian Polity: Structure, governance and functions of the Indian polity.
- Social and Economic Development: Issues about the economy, society, and associated government programmes and schemes.
This is the second paper of the Mains Examination and it covers the following subjects:
- Indian Constitution: In-depth knowledge of the Indian Constitution and its various aspects.
- Science and Technology: Focuses on recent developments in the field of science and technology.
- Governance: Welfare schemes, government policies, and different issues associated with governance.
- Ethics: Moral philosophy and Ethics in public administration.
- Environment: Conservation efforts, environmental issues, and sustainable development.
This one is the third paper included in the Mains Examination and it focuses on the following topics:
- Indian Economy: Comprehensive familiarity with the dynamics of the Indian economy.
- Disaster Management: Practices and Concepts associated with disaster management.
- Security Issues: Issues and challenges of Internal and external security faced by India.
- Agriculture: Agricultural practices, technologies implications as well as issues.
- Science and Technology: Science and technology’s broad applicability to modern fields.
It is the fourth paper of the Mains Examination and examines candidates’ knowledge in the following domains:
- Aptitude and Decision Making: Analytical and logical reasoning skills.
- Ethics: Ethics and moral values in various spheres of life.
- Public Service Values: Developing public service integrity and orientation.
- Emotional Intelligence: Understanding and managing emotions.
- Probity in Governance: Integrity and openness in government operations.
Answer Writing and Evaluation:
Unlike the Preliminary Examination, which comprises multiple-choice questions, the Mains Examination asks candidates to prepare extensive replies to essay-type questions. To do well in the Mains, candidates need to be able to clearly express their ideas, give supporting evidence, and present organized arguments.
Applicants are scored on their level of comprehension, critical thinking, the quality of their analysis, the precision of their writing, and their ability to follow the instructions given in the question.
Preparation Tips for APSC Mains
- Comprehensive Study: Study each subject thoroughly as per the syllabus to build a strong foundation.
- Reference Books: Refer only to relevant books that are recommended by experts and renowned coaching institutes like SPM Academy.
- Answer Writing Practice: Do not forget to practice answer writing for improving time management and articulation.
- Current Affairs: Stay updated with current events and issues related to Assam, India, and the world.
- Mock Tests: Assess your preparation and identify areas for improvement. Take frequent mock tests.
- Time Management: Allocate sufficient time for each subject while considering your strengths and weaknesses.
- Balanced Approach: Balance your preparation between analytical understanding and factual knowledge.
- Revision: Revise the topics regularly to reinforce your learning.
The APSC Mains Syllabus Examination is a difficult but ultimately rewarding part of the path to a career in the civil service. You may achieve your goal of being a renowned public servant in Assam if you have the correct advice and are willing to put in the necessary amount of effort.
To improve your preparation further, take advantage of SPM IAS Academy, we offer the best guidance and well-structured study materials. And last, the most essential thing you can do is to remember to keep your mind clear, strong determination and a positive attitude during the entire process of the APSC exam. We wish you the best of Luck.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are APSC Mains?
APSC Mains is the second level of the APSC Combined Competitive Examination. It’s a multi-paper written exam that tests applicants’ topic knowledge. The APSC Mains Exam is vital for shortlisting applicants for the final interview.
What are the most significant topics covered in General Studies (Papers I, II, and III)?
The General Studies papers include a wide range of issues concerning Assam and India’s social, economic, political, and cultural elements. Key topics:
- History of Assam and India
- Indian Economy and Planning
- Indian Polity and Constitution
- General Science and Technology
- Geography of Assam and India
- Environment and Ecology
- Current Affairs and Events
What are the most significant topics covered in General English?
The General English exam tests English competence. Essay, precis, comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, and letter writing are covered. The test evaluates English communication skills.